Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium sebagai berikut:
PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium
At the Department of Physics and Astronomy of Ghent University a position for a PhD student is available.
The aim of this PhD project is computational study of mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias in the fibrotic heart. Sudden cardiac death due to cardiac arrhythmias is the leading cause of mortality in the industrialized world. Some of the most important factors underpinning arrhythmias is alterations of the electrical properties of cardiac tissue due to an increased number of non-conducting cardiac cells (fibroblasts) and changes in some other properties of cardiac cells called remodelling. The mechanisms underlying the onset of arrhythmias under these conditions have not yet been identified. In this project we will address this problem using integrative computer modelling on cell, tissue and whole organ level.
We seek a motivated candidate with broad interest in biophysics, integrative computational and mathematical biology, biomedical engineering. Prior experience in cardiac modelling is an advantage, but not necessary.
Your work will include numerical integration of systems of ordinary and partial differential equations describing various regimes of wave propagation in the heart with the aim to identify mechanisms underlying arrhythmias in fibrotic cardiac tissue. Although most of the programs are already available at our group, a working knowledge of C/C++ is desirable.
Candidates who will obtain their degree in this academic year (2010 – 2011) are also encouraged to apply.
Tel. ++32 9 264 4964
Dept. Physics and Astronomy,
Duration of the project :
September 2011 –August 2015. Depending on the availability of the selected candidate, the starting (and end) date of the project can be somewhat shifted in either direction.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
If you are interested, please contact: Alexander.Panfilov@UGent.be
Last application date: 2011-11-01 12:00
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarship in Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, University of Sussex, UK The School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences (MPS) will offer one School Postgraduate Scholarship for a student wishing to study for the PhD in Mathematics, the PhD in Physics, or the […]
- PhD Position, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Ghent University, Belgium Molecular epidemiology of Chlamydopila (Chlamydia) psittaci infections in humans and development of a recombinant C. psittaci vaccine for chickens Period: for 2 years with a possibility to […]
- Doctoral student in Combustion Physics at University of Lund OverviewType of employment: Limit of tenure, 4 years Extent: 100 % Location: Department of Physics, LundFirst day of employment: As soon as possible Official Records Number: LTHPA 2011/394 […]
- Early Stage Researcher (PhD) in the Department of Physics at University of Cambridge Study SubjectTransport and Signalling mechanism in Polarized CellsEmployerUniversity of CambridgeLevelPhDScholarship Description: As part of the recently launched Marie Curie Initial […]
- Kuliah S2 Gratis di University of Ghent, Belgia University of Ghent, Belgia, menawarkan bantuan biaya kuliah S-2 bagi para pelajar dari negara berkembang. Tetapi, program ini tertutup bagi mereka yang sudah memiliki gelar […]
- Vice Chancellor’s International Student Scholarship, University of Plymouth, UK Plymouth University is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for international students who wish to study postgraduate taught degree courses.To be considered for this […]
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine PhD Scholarship, University of Oxford, UK The Radcliffe Department of Medicine 4 year PhD Scholars ProgrammeThe Radcliffe Department of Medicine at the University of Oxford is a large multi-disciplinary Department that undertakes […]
- University of Adelaide Student Exchange Program – Gadjah Mada University The University of Adelaide has 7 Endeavour Student Exchange Awards, each worth A$ 5,000 for UGM students to spend a semester as an exchange student at the University of Adelaide […]
- York University International Undergraduate Student Scholarship & Award Program, Canada York offers awards & scholarships specifically for international students ranging from $100 to $100,000. In addition to the awards requiring this application, some awards are […]
- International Student Scholarships, Dalarna University, Sweden International Student Scholarships are a testament to the commitment of Dalarna University (DU) to quality and outstanding international students. These scholarships are available to […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD Student, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Ghent University, Belgium, semoga bermanfaat.