Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Bioinformatics at the Queensland Brain Institute, Australia sebagai berikut:
PhD Scholarship in Bioinformatics at the Queensland Brain Institute, Australia
The Mowry group has currently two PhD projects available. Two PhD scholarships are available in the area of psychiatric genetics and second-generation- sequencing:
Project 1: Investigating the role of micro-RNAs in Schizophrenia using Second Generation DNA Sequencing The successful applicant will seek to identify rare and novel microRNAs in brain tissue. This involves comparing miRNA expression in multiple brain tissues of SZ-affected versus unaffected controls by using second generation DNA sequencing to identify the target mRNA transcripts of novel miRNA’s that are differentially expressed between SZ-affected and –unaffected samples. The following functional analysis aims at investigating the role of miRNA’s in the etiology of SZ.
Project 2: A systematic screen for schizophrenia-associated rare variants in population isolates from Sarawak and southern India
. The successful applicant will investigate the contribution of rare variants to SZ in two population isolates from Sarawak (Iban) and southern India (Tamil Brahmin) that are the subject of current GWAS in the Mowry lab. This involves the systematical re-sequencing of the best candidate SZ regions identified in the Iban and Tamil Brahmin GWAS, as well as strongly replicated SZ regions from studies in other populations.
Prof. Bryan Mowry
Tel (QBI): +617 3346 6351
Tel (QCMHR): +617 3271 8693
Please find more details on the projects at http://s04-2.qbi.uq.edu.au/mowry/?p=1
Note the closing dates for the two scholarships are mid 2010.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PHD and Master Scholarships in Neuroscience-Occupational Trainees-Genome Sequencing Research The Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) was established as a research institute of the University of Queensland in 2003. The Institute is now operating out of a new state-of-the-art […]
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Southern Queensland, Australia The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) will offer two Scholarships in Semester 2, 2013 to outstanding international students intending to study a postgraduate degree by coursework. […]
- PhD Scholarships in the Role of Epigenetics in Age-Related Immune Dysfunction and in Endocrine Eisease Epigenetics is defined as inherited changes in gene expression that are not encoded in the DNA sequence. The major epigenetic mechanisms are DNA methylation, post-translational histone […]
- PhD Position in Bioinformatics at VU University Medical Center The Biostatistics group at the VU University Medical Center has a very active group of statisticians working on high-dimensional data analysis. The group within the Department of […]
- Post doctoral fellow in Neuroscience at Institute of Basic Medical Science ONE POSITION AS POST DOCTORAL FELLOW (SKO 1352) in Neuroscience is available for three years in the Synaptic Neurochemistry Laboratory at Department of Anatomy, IMB, University of Oslo […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Genetic Instability and Cancer at VU University Medical Center The post-doc will participate in the Dutch Cancer Society project :”Sister chromatid cohesion as a novel foothold for cancer therapy”, a collaboration with the departments Medical […]
- PhD Scholarship in Physics, University of Queensland, Australia Quantum Simulation with Neutral Atoms – ExperimentSupervisors: Dr Tyler Neely and Prof. Halina Rubinsztein-DunlopStudy in sunny subtropical Brisbane, Australia, within the new ARC Centre […]
- Research Scholarship at The University of Queensland The Centre for Pesticide Application and Safety (CPAS) is a national scientific research and training group located within the School of Agriculture and Food Sciences at The University of […]
- Penerimaan Beasiswa Kementerian Luar Negeri 2010 2010 INDONESIAN ARTS AND CULTURE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMMEShort Term ProgrammeThe Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship26 July – 22 October 2010The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship […]
- 100 Elite Research Scholarships at University of Tasmania The University of Tasmania has over 100 Elite Research Scholarships for PhD candidates in areas we excel in: the health and medical sciences, natural, physical and applied sciences, as […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Bioinformatics at the Queensland Brain Institute, Australia, semoga bermanfaat.