Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School sebagai berikut:
PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School
Project 9: Analysis of olfactory receptors of Manduca moths using RNAi, Supervisor: Prof. Bill Hansson, MPI-CE
Giant Manduca moths find their host plants to a large degree using odors. We just published the full antennal transcriptome and have access to the olfactory receptors. Here we suggest a PhD student project aimed at knocking down the expression of specific olfactory receptor proteins using virus introduced RNAi methodology. The manifestation of the knockdown will be tested in windtunnel and electrophysiological experiments.
The project will be part of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques” in Jena, Germany. Students holding a Master`s degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, ecology, entomology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry and neuroethology, with a proven record of success in one of the disciplines and interest in examining ecological interactions, are eligible to conduct a doctoral project within the IMPRS.
The Research School is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, and the Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research. The main focus is on the interaction between plants and animals, and their environment, as well as the evolutionary and behavioral consequences of these interactions.
Application deadline is June 26, 2011.
For detailed information about the IMPRS, PhD topics offered and application requirements, please visit our Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical CyclesOverviewThe International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) in cooperation […]
- PhD fellowship in Chemical Ecology at International Max Planck Research School Project 7: How do wood-feeding insects digest their diet? Supervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Axel Schmidt, Dr. Martin Kaltenpoth, MPI-CEWood-feeding insects are sometimes known to […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering (IMPRS-MCBB) is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and […]
- PhD Scholarships 2011 at International Max Planck Research School for Neural Circuits, Germany The IMPRS for Neural Circuits was recently funded by the Max Planck Society and offers ten positions for talented students holding a relevant Master´s or Bachelor´s degree to perform […]
- PhD Fellowship Competition at The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) OverviewThe BIGSSS Ph.D. Program The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) invites applications to its Ph.D. program. The program will commence on September 1st, […]
- PhD Positions, Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology, Germany The Helmholtz International Research School `Molecular Neurobiology` offers: up to 10 PhD positions in Molecular NeurobiologyWe provide:* excellence in research* a comprehensive choice of […]
- Doctoral Fellowships at Max Planck Research School The IMPRS-CI offers severalDoctoral Fellowshipsto outstanding students interested in the integration of the threedisciplines law, business administration and economics, and the studyof the […]
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK Fully funded research studentships are available for all international / overseas (non UK & EU) students enrolling PhD degree for October 2016 at University of Reading – UK. The […]
- Fully Funded Research Scholarships for International Students, University of Sussex, UK Research scholarships are available for international doctoral students at University of Sussex – UK, commencing their studies in September 2016, academic year 2016 – 2017. The […]
- European Business School London International Scholarship, UK We are delighted to invite you to participate in the annual EBS London International Scholarship Competition. Each year we offer:One full scholarship for either the BA (Hons) International […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School, semoga bermanfaat.