Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS sebagai berikut:
PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS
Project 6: Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races
Supervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Grit Kunert
The pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum (Harris), is actually a complex of distinct races that each live on a different group of legume species. Some live on several species, while others live on a single species or just a few. This ecological specialization can be considered as one of the first steps towards sympatric speciation since the host fidelity of races leads to assortative mating which reduces gene flow between host-races. The aim of this project is to identify plant chemical compounds that are responsible for the pattern of host plant usage by pea aphid races and test their involvement in ecological and evolutionary processes. We are seeking: a highly motivated Ph.D. candidate with some background in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or chemical ecology. The candidate should be strongly interested in interdisciplinary research questions. (Project leader: Grit Kunert).
The project will be part of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques” in Jena, Germany. Students holding a Master`s degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, ecology, entomology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry and neuroethology, with a proven record of success in one of the disciplines and interest in examining ecological interactions, are eligible to conduct a doctoral project within the IMPRS.
The Research School is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, and the Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research. The main focus is on the interaction between plants and animals, and their environment, as well as the evolutionary and behavioral consequences of these interactions.
Application deadline is June 26, 2011.
For detailed information about the IMPRS, PhD topics offered and application requirements, please Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- European Master in Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling (TCCM), Erasmus Mundus Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling (TCCM) play a key role in the development of modern chemistry, biochemistry, chemical biology, physics and material science. This has […]
- Journalism Fellowship Programme, Reuters Institute, University of Oxford, UK The Journalism Fellowship Programme at Oxford offers a practical form of professional assistance to established and mid-career journalists. Its purpose is to allow journalists to tackle […]
- Kenneth W Russell Fellowship in Archaeology, American Center of Oriental Research, Jordan The Kenneth W. Russell Fellowship will be awarded to assist a graduate student of any nationality other than Jordanian to participate in an ACOR approved archaeological excavation or […]
- Drugs, Security and Democracy Fellowship in Latin America and the Caribbean The Drugs, Security and Democracy (DSD) fellowship program supports research on drug policy, citizen security and democratic governance, as well as associated topics across the social […]
- Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust, USA The Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust was established in 1954 by the late Dr. Theodore von Karman, world renowned aeronautics expert and teacher and first director of the Guggenheim […]
- Chemistry Tercentenary International Masters Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK In 2013, the School of Chemistry will celebrate the 300th anniversary of the first chair in Chemistry at the University of Edinburgh. As part of these celebrations the School has […]
- The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) for Short Courses The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) for short courses can be used for a number of selected courses and are offered by education institutions in the Netherlands. The institutions […]
- Total Indonesie E&P – Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, Sciences Po, France Total Indonesie E&P – Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship at the Sciences Po ParisOne scholarship is offered every two years for a Master of Public Affairs at the Sciences Po Paris.The […]
- The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) for PhD Studies The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) for PhD studies can be followed at 21 Dutch universities and institutes for international education.The PhD must be pursued according to a […]
- PhD Scholarship within Synthetic Chemistry A PhD scholarship is available within synthetic chemistry in relation to research in new biomaterials. The project is a collaboration between the Technical University of Denmark […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS, semoga bermanfaat.