Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Chemical Ecology at International Max Planck Research School sebagai berikut:
PhD fellowship in Chemical Ecology at International Max Planck Research School
Project 7: How do wood-feeding insects digest their diet? Supervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Axel Schmidt, Dr. Martin Kaltenpoth, MPI-CE
Wood-feeding insects are sometimes known to use microbial symbionts present in their guts to help in digestion and nutrient mobilization. However, nothing is known about how such insects cope with wood and resin. The large pine weevil, Hylobius abietis, is a serious pest on the bark of young conifer trees in northern Europe that must deal with both wood fiber and terpene-containing resin as major parts of its diet. This project will explore the metabolic fate of resin terpenes in these insects and the role of gut bacteria in processing terpenes and wood at the molecular, protein and metabolite levels. The project combines entomological, microbiological, chemical and molecular biology methods to better understand the lifestyle of one fascinating, long-lived species of insect. Collaboration between Research Group on Insect Symbiosis (Dr. Martin Kaltenpoth) and Department of Biochemistry (Dr. Axel Schmidt).
The project will be part of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques” in Jena, Germany. Students holding a Master`s degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, ecology, entomology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry and neuroethology, with a proven record of success in one of the disciplines and interest in examining ecological interactions, are eligible to conduct a doctoral project within the IMPRS.
The Research School is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, and the Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research. The main focus is on the interaction between plants and animals, and their environment, as well as the evolutionary and behavioral consequences of these interactions.
Application deadline is June 26, 2011
For detailed information about the IMPRS, PhD topics offered and application requirements, please Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School Project 9: Analysis of olfactory receptors of Manduca moths using RNAi, Supervisor: Prof. Bill Hansson, MPI-CEGiant Manduca moths find their host plants to a large degree using odors. We […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical CyclesOverviewThe International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) in cooperation […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering (IMPRS-MCBB) is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and […]
- PhD Scholarships 2011 at International Max Planck Research School for Neural Circuits, Germany The IMPRS for Neural Circuits was recently funded by the Max Planck Society and offers ten positions for talented students holding a relevant Master´s or Bachelor´s degree to perform […]
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK Fully funded research studentships are available for all international / overseas (non UK & EU) students enrolling PhD degree for October 2016 at University of Reading – UK. The […]
- Fully Funded Research Scholarships for International Students, University of Sussex, UK Research scholarships are available for international doctoral students at University of Sussex – UK, commencing their studies in September 2016, academic year 2016 – 2017. The […]
- Dean of Engineering Research Scholarship for International Excellence, University of Nottingham, UK Do you want to be part of a world-leading community?20 Full Tuition Fees Scholarships.10 of these scholarships will include a stipend for the most outstanding students.This highly […]
- Shari’ah Scholarship Award, International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance, Malaysia The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) invites qualified students with excellent academic achievements and active in co-curricular activities to apply for […]
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) is available to any international student wishing to undertake a Higher Degree by Research at Curtin in 2013.Opening Date: 1 […]
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, University of Western Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) and Scholarships for International Research Fees (SIRFs) Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students for […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Chemical Ecology at International Max Planck Research School, semoga bermanfaat.