Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang Master/PhD Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2011 For Outside UK Students sebagai berikut:
Master/PhD Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2011 For Outside UK Students
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are awarded to outstanding students from outside the UK to study at the University of Cambridge. The programme aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Applications for 2011 are now open!
Application material for Gates Cambridge Scholarships and graduate admission to the University of Cambridge for 2011-12 entry is now available from the University’s Graduate Studies Prospectus.
Most applicants will apply simultaneously for graduate admission to the University of Cambridge and for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship using one application form (GRADSAF). As well as the GRADSAF form, applicants must also submit supporting documentation (e.g. three references, transcripts and any other material required by the University). Full details are available from the Graduate Studies Prospectus.
Applicants for the MBA and MFin programmes run by the Judge Business School should see these websites for information about how to apply for admission and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
Before submitting an application all applicants are strongly encouraged to read through the entire ‘apply’ section of this website.
* The Trust no longer offers scholarships for a second undergraduate degree.
* The Trust does not admit or place scholars.
Who is Eligible
Candidates for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- may be citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- may apply to study any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- may apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies (four year postgraduate degree)
- must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University’s normal admission procedures. The Trust does not admit students.
- must be well prepared for the Cambridge course for which they are applying and must meet all of the conditions for admission specified by the University (e.g. academic, English language proficiency, if required, and any other conditions set).
- must be able to show evidence of high academic achievement, leadership potential, social commitment and a good fit with Cambridge.
- who are already studying at Cambridge are only eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if they are applying for a new course of study (e.g. a one year ‘MPhil only’ student may apply for funding to continue on to the PhD). Candidates already studying at Cambridge who are not applying for a new course of study (e.g. have already started their PhD) are not eligible to be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
The Ideal Candidate
There is no one template for a Gates Scholar: each scholar is different and brings something unique to the programme.
However, when selecting Gates Scholars, the Trust looks for students with enthusiasm, robustness of intellect, a willingness to engage and an appropriate humility that comes from an awareness that nothing is ever really simple.
In particular, Gates Scholars will be driven by the values of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which include a commitment to reducing inequities and improving lives around the world. The Foundation’s mission is to increase opportunity and equity for those most in need, particularly in the areas of health and education, often through the use of science and technology.
The Trust expects a good match to be made between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and what Cambridge has to offer. Successful applicants will have the ability to make a significant contribution to their discipline while in Cambridge, with a strong aptitude for research, analysis and a creative approach to defining and solving problems.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge, namely:
- the University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£12, 500 for 12 months at the 2009-10 rate; pro rata for courses shorter then 12 months)
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- A discretionary contribution towards the costs of supporting dependants at Cambridge (upon application).
Once in residence, Gates Scholars may apply for financial help with the costs of attending conferences, undertaking fieldwork and other activities.
*The University Composition Fee varies for different types of students and applicants should see the Graduate Studies Prospectus for full details about precise amounts. Where a student from the European Union has been successful in gaining a fees award from public authorities, the Trust will not pay these fees.
There are two application cycles: one for US citizens and one for non-US citizens.
|What stage?||USA||Non USA|
|Application deadline||15 October 2010||1 December 2010|
|Trust shortlisting||Mid-December||Early March|
|Shortlisted candidates invited to interview||Mid-December||Early March|
|Interviews||Early February||Late March|
|Scholarships offered||Early February||Late March|
NB: US citizens who are already at studying at the University of Cambridge may apply the later deadline of 1 December.
For further details and application go to:
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang Master/PhD Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2011 For Outside UK Students, semoga bermanfaat.