Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang Integrated Drylands Management at United Nations University sebagai berikut:
Integrated Drylands Management at United Nations University
Integrated Drylands Management
A Joint Programme of UNU-IRA-INAT-ICARDA-CAREERI-ALRC-GM
Application Deadline: 10 June 2010
The MS Programme is designed to enhance the capacity of developing countries to manage their drylands resources. It is intended to provide young professionals and scientists an international perspective on resource management approaches in drylands. Students enrolled in the 2010-2011 programme will attend a 4-week intense course at CAREERI facilities in Lanzhou, China from 13 September – 12 October 2010. Upon completion of the course work and approval of the research proposal, students will carry out their field research which will be hosted by one of the partner organizations. The students are also required to complete a research project in their home country. The MS Programme is jointly offered by the seven partner institutions as an internationally accepted degree.
It is anticipated that the graduates from the MS Programme will serve in government departments and agencies (e.g., those dealing with agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, and combating desertification), teaching positions in institutions of higher learning, research institutions and doctoral research programmes.
1. The United Nations University (UNU)
2. The Institut des Régions Arides (IRA, Tunisia)
3. The Institut National Agronomique de Tunisie (INAT, Tunisia)
4. International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)
5. The Cold and Arid Regions Environmental & Engineering Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAREERI, P.R. China)
6. Arid Land Research Center (ALRC), Tottori University
7. Global Mechanism of the UNCCD (GM)
Fellowship and Travel Arrangements
Part or full fellowships will be provided to qualified candidates from developing countries on a competitive basis. These fellowships will cover international airfare at economy excursion rates (between the country of origin and the hosting institutions in Tunisia, China, Syria or Japan). Housing, meals, and local transportation in Tunisia, China, Syria or Japan will be provided by the respective host institutions.
Please consult the informational brochure and application form for admission details.
The application form must be completed and signed. The following supporting documents must be submitted together with the application form:
1. A letter of nomination from your supervisor/university where you are currently registered in a Master`s programme that certifies completion of basic course work.
2. A certified copy of academic transcripts for each institution attended.
3. An original detailed research proposal of 10 pages clearly outlining the problem statement, literature review, research question, methodology, expected results, workplan and timetable.
4. Two original supporting letters of reference, one of which must be from your current supervisor.
5. Evidence of English language proficiency, where English is not your first language (e.g., TOEFL score, English certificate, etc.)
Documents which are not in English must be accompanied by an official English translation.
Applications must be received by 10 June 2010. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please send application materials to:
MS Programme Committee
175 Longwood Road South, Suite 204
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 0A1
Fax: +1 905 667 5510
Email: [email protected]
Demikianlah informasi tentang Integrated Drylands Management at United Nations University, semoga bermanfaat.