Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang Early Stage Researcher (PhD) in the Department of Physics at University of Cambridge sebagai berikut:
Early Stage Researcher (PhD) in the Department of Physics at University of Cambridge
Transport and Signalling mechanism in Polarized Cells
University of Cambridge
Scholarship Description: As part of the recently launched Marie Curie Initial Training Network TRANSPOL, a 3-year Early Stage Researcher position is available at the University of Cambridge, UK, in the Department of Physics. The starting date is 01 October 2011. The network includes 7 academic and industrial groups from across the European Uni0n as well as several associate partners from the US and EU. The doctoral programme will provide a range of educational and research opportunities focused on Transport and Signalling mechanism in Polarized Cells, a topic at the interface of Cell/Molecular Biology and Membrane Physics.
This project will explore the impact of lipid composition on membrane mechanics and lateral organisation, and the consequences on membrane shape and trans-membrane trafficking. The effects due to membrane-bound proteins and generally arising in membranes that mimic realistic biological structures will also be investigated, partly in collaboration with other ITN partners.
Candidates with some experience in soft matter physics, optical trapping, instrument automation and/or biological physics are welcome. A basic knowledge of cell biology is also desirable. In addition to proven experimental skills the candidate should have a strong interest in the theoretical background of these experiments. Characterization tools such as image/video analysis will be used and developed. The research training will be towards a PhD and therefore applicants must also gain admission as a graduate student. According to EU regulations, candidates can be of any nationality. They should have less than 4 years of research experience and should not have resided in the United Kingdom for more than 12 months during the past 3-year period.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 7th May 2011
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- 3 PhD Scholarships in the Neuronal Trafficking Laboratory Brain cells: neurons can reach astonishing shapes and dimensions with dendrites and nerve terminals sometimes located meters away. The establishment and maintenance of such polarity […]
- PhD Scholarships in Plant Science and Microbiology A 4 year PhD opportunity in genetic, genomics and cell biology through to molecular biology, biological chemistry and computational biology. This prestigious multidisciplinary programme […]
- University of Cambridge PhD Studentship in Haematology, UK University of Cambridge Announce PhD Studentship in the Department of Haematology, UK Functional characterization of novel regulators of haematopoiesis and platelet function in Danio rerio […]
- 12 PhD positions at BioTiNet Network and 6 Post-doctoral positions BioTiNet Network offers 12 PhD positions (ESR=Early-Stage Researchers) and 6 post-doctoral positions (ER= Experienced Researchers) coming under different disciplines (Materials […]
- 18 PhD positions in RELATE Project RELATE: Trans-European Research Training Network on Engineering and Provisioning of Service-Based Cloud Applications ( Official Website.)The FP7 Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN) […]
- 11 PhD Scholarships in Political Ecology European Network for Political Ecology (ENTITLE) offers 11 generously funded three year PhD scholarship is available to candidates from anywhere in the world. ENTITLE is an EU-funded […]
- Two PhD Fellowships in Place and Displacement: Exhibiting Architecture The Oslo School of Architecture and Design calls for applications to two full-time Ph.D. fellowships for a three year period starting September 2011. The successful applicants will […]
- PhD Student position in Biophysical Chemistry at University of Gothenburg The University of Gothenburg, Faculty of Science announces; Ph.D. student position in biophysical chemistry at the Department of ChemistryWe are looking for a highly motivated PhD student […]
- 7 PhD Student Fellowships in Natural and Life Sciences We expect:• a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Natural Sciences (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biomedical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, etc.). […]
- 14 PhD Fellowships in GIONET Project 14 fully funded PhD (Early Stage Research) Fellows in Earth Observation to the Marie Curie Initial Training Network "GMES Initial Operations - Network for Earth Observation Research […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang Early Stage Researcher (PhD) in the Department of Physics at University of Cambridge, semoga bermanfaat.