Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang Doctoral Studies Scholarship in Aquatic Ecology at University of Lund sebagai berikut:
Doctoral Studies Scholarship in Aquatic Ecology at University of Lund
The aim of the research project is to identify the barriers to dispersal in a microalgal species that forms blooms in freshwater lakes. This research has implications for the understanding of the dispersal of microalgae and microorganisms in general, as well as for predicting the occurrence of new algal blooms. The approach is to determine the importance of physical versus biological dispersal barriers by analyzing the genetic diversity patterns. The current hypothesis is that physical dispersal barriers are important for generating genetic differentiation. Instead, differentiation among microalgal populations might be explained by so called founder effects. Founder effects refer to the dominance of strains or species that arrive first to a new habitat. In laboratory and mesocosm experiments, priority effects and invasion sequence will be investigated in the algal species Gonyostomum semen.
The position will be based at the unit of Aquatic Ecology, Department of Biology, Lund University, in southern Sweden. The PhD project is a part of a larger project financed by Formas (The Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences, and Spatial Planning), and will involve collaboration with other PhD students and a group at Gothenburg University (Ass. Prof. Anna Godhe). The project is suitable for applicants who would like to combine ecology and population genetics with molecular biological tools. The practical work will include PCR-based techniques, analyses of population genetic data, algal culturing, and microscopy. Experimental work will be performed both in the laboratory and in the field. In addition, the PhD student will be able to join the Research School in Genomic Ecology (GENECO) in Lund. This program will give access to a network of other PhD students and researchers in genomic ecology, annual meetings, workshops, travel grants to visit other institutions, as well as a career mentor.
Requirements for this position are an MSc or comparable degree in ecology preferably with an aquatic and/or molecular ecological specialization. The successful candidate will have very good experience in molecular techniques. A driver’s license is required, as is very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
Application Deadline: February 06, 2011
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Full PhD Scholarship in Film Studies, University of St Andrews, UK Department of Film Studies School of Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies FULL PHD STUDENTSHIP – SEPT 2011. In May 2011 we will award one full studentship to an exceptional […]
- Applications for Commonwealth Scholarships for Doctoral studies at the University of Pretoria The University of Pretoria regards itself as a research intensive university. Hence, it is seeking candidates for doctoral studies who will make significant contributions to its […]
- Connaught International Scholarship for Doctoral Students at University of Toronto, Canada The primary purpose of the Connaught International Scholarships for Doctoral Students is to assist graduate units in recruiting and supporting outstanding international scholars to the […]
- The Lund University Global Scholarship in Bachelor or Master Studies The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is targeted at top academic students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland).Scholarships […]
- University of Western Australia Master and Doctoral Scholarship for International Students Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students for scholarships to undertake the degree of Master by Research or Doctor of Philosophy at The University of Western […]
- School of Business and Economics (SBE) non-EU Scholarship, Maastricht University, Netherlands The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) offers one scholarship for its three-year bachelor’s programmes to talented students with the interest to expand their […]
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France Tuition fees and living expenses scholarships are available for all students of Master of Space Studies (MSS), Space Studies Program (SSP) and Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Program […]
- Avancez Scholarship, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden Chalmers University of Technology will award a number of scholarships funded by the Chalmers Foundation and these are available to all citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are liable to […]
- Graduate School of Science Scholarship, University of Tokyo, Japan Graduate School of Science Scholarship for International Students (GSS Scholarship)
Application Information for April / September 2016
The purpose of this scholarship is […]
- Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship, University of Cambridge, UK The Cambridge MBA is a 12-month programme covering the full range of general management issues relevant to contemporarybusiness practice. As well as providing you with a thorough grounding […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang Doctoral Studies Scholarship in Aquatic Ecology at University of Lund, semoga bermanfaat.