Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang Doctoral Research Grants, Al Qasimi Foundation, United Arab Emirates sebagai berikut:
Doctoral Research Grants, Al Qasimi Foundation, United Arab Emirates
The Al Qasimi Foundation’s Doctoral Research Grants encourage scholars from a wide range of disciplines and professional fields to undertake research toward informing policy making in the United Arab Emirates. The Grants are open to PhD students from all nationalities studying at an accredited university in the United Arab Emirates or abroad.
Please note: The Al Qasimi Foundation does not provide general scholarships, grants, or other funding to students planning to enroll in master’s or doctoral programs. We also do not offer degrees or courses of study.
- Provide opportunities for distinguished doctoral candidates to realize their potential in conducting innovative, applied research while making a positive impact on the Ras Al Khaimah community.
- Foster high quality research that supports the development of the region’s research capacity.
- Build a community of scholars and promote collaboration among highly recognized international universities and national institutions in the United Arab Emirates.
- Promote cross-cultural exchange that sparks curiosity, new ideas, and creates understanding.
Minimum eligibility criteria for applicants seeking a Doctoral Research Grant:
- Must be a current PhD student at an accredited university in good academic standing.
- Must have a minimum TOEFL score of 600 or IELTS score of 6.5
- All PhD coursework must be complete and applicant should be ready to conduct the field research component of their dissertation.
- Research proposal must be approved (or in the process of being approved) by the applicant’s advisor and graduate program.
- Proposed research must have IRB approval from the applicant’s home institution.
- Proposed research must focus on the United Arab Emirates, and specifically, the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. If the research proposal includes other locations, Ras Al Khaimah must be a significant focus for data gathering and analysis.
- Proposed research must address an education, public policy, or closely related social science issue or question. Relevant topics (dependent on research question) may include areas such as education, urban planning/development, public health, economic development, food access, and energy or environmental policy.
Please note: The following research areas do not qualify for a Doctoral Research Grant because they are not considered policy-related: business or marketing, agronomy, engineering, IT or computer science, laboratory-based or scientific studies, and medical degrees.
If an applicant meets the minimum eligibility criteria noted above, they are encouraged to apply for a Doctoral Research Grant. The Grant is awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and relevance of research proposal. The applicant’s intended field of study is also considered in the evaluation process with preference given to those candidates pursuing a degree in education, public policy (such as urban planning, economics, public health, environment), or closely related fields. The Al Qasimi Foundation Directors and Advisory Board serve as the evaluation and selection committee.
The Grant review process is competitive. While the Al Qasimi Foundation receives many excellent and high-quality proposals, only two Doctoral Research Grants are available each year. The proposals chosen for funding represent the innovative ideas that align best with the Al Qasimi Foundation’s overall mission to aid in the social and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah.
Only applications submitted through the Al Qasimi Foundation website using the online application form will be reviewed and considered for funding. Applicants will be contacted should additional information be required, so please do not e-mail or send hard copy materials. After submitting materials online, applicants may contact the Program Manager for Outreach to verify whether their application was successfully received.
In order to apply online, applicants will need the following documents:
- Two-page essay in the form of a cover letter outlining reasons why the applicant is interested in a Doctoral Research Grant. The letter should address (1) prior experiences, coursework, and skills relevant to the proposed field research, (2) how the proposed research aligns with the Al Qasimi Foundation’s mission, (3) what the applicant hopes to gain from the field research experience, and (4) how the field research experience fits into the applicant’s long-term academic and professional goals.
- CV or resume outlining educational background, research experience and publications, work experience, honors and awards, and co-curricular activities.
- Current official transcript of their doctoral program (and official transcripts for all completed degrees)
- Official copy of a TOEFL or IELTS score report (only necessary for applicants where English is a secondary language).
- Copy of the approved research proposal or preliminary proposal. Please indicate specific budgetary, facilities, special equipment, or other resource needs required to conduct the proposed research. The proposal should also include information on potential dates and duration of the field research component in Ras Al Khaimah.
- Official documentation of IRB approval for the proposed research from the applicant’s home institution.
- Two letters of reference that address the suitability of the candidate. One letter must be from the applicant’s doctoral advisor and the other should be from another academic. Both letters must indicate the length of time, extent, and nature of their relationship with the applicant.
All materials submitted for funding consideration will automatically become the property of the Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research and will not be returned to the sender.
The Al Qasimi Foundation is currently accepting applications for the 2013-2014 academic year. To apply, please complete the online application form and submit all required materials. The deadline for the current application cycle is March 1, 2013.
For more information, please visit : official website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang Doctoral Research Grants, Al Qasimi Foundation, United Arab Emirates, semoga bermanfaat.