Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang 2011 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges in UK sebagai berikut:
2011 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges in UK
Recently a new mechanism of disease has been identified in the congenital (autosomal recessive) muscular dystrophies that are due to a defect in the glycosylation of alpha dystroglycan. These forms of muscular dystrophy are now known collectively as the dystroglycanopathies. To date mutations in six genes encoding either known or putative glycosyltransferases have been associated with this group of diseases. However, the one most frequently associated with mutations in the Caucasian population is fukutin related protein or FKRP (in Denmark the heterozygote frequency is 1:200).
The candidate will have an interest in the pathogenesis of human neuromuscular disease and protein structure. The project will be based at the Royal Veterinary College where training in muscle pathology will be given. Circular dichroism (CD) spectroscopy and Synchrotron Radiation Circular Dichroism (SRCD) will be undertaken under the supervision of Professor Bonnie Wallace at Birkbeck College who has a particular interest in these techniques and how they may be used to facilitate translational research. This project therefore represents a unique opportunity to combine cellular and biophysical approaches to assess the role of FKRP structure in the pathogenesis of muscular dystrophy.
Application Deadline: 14 March 2011
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- 12 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges London OverviewThe Bloomsbury Colleges PhD StudentshipsThe Bloomsbury Colleges consortium brings together six University of London colleges comprising Birkbeck (Bbk), Institute of Education […]
- PhD Studentships in Psychology, Cardiff University, UK Project title: Exploring and expanding statistical methods and their applications
How do researchers use and understand statistics, and how can statistical practice be improved? The […]
- Darwin Studentships, University of Birmingham, UK The Darwin Studentships specifically fund PhD projects in the area of microbial (preferably bacterial) molecular genetics. Applications are considered from 31st January each year and […]
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK Fully funded research studentships are available for all international / overseas (non UK & EU) students enrolling PhD degree for October 2016 at University of Reading – UK. The […]
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships in Economics, University of East Anglia, UK The School of Economics, University of East Anglia – UK, is inviting applicants for fully funded PhD studentships in social sciences (economics) for students from any country (UK, EU & […]
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships in Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University, UK Fully funded PhD studentships are available for full time students from any country (UK, EU or international students) at the School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University – […]
- Fully Funded Research Studentships in Economics, University of Surrey, UK Fully funded research studentships are available for students from any country (UK, EU & international students) enrolling full time PhD program in economics for October 2016 intake at […]
- PhD Studentships in Materials & Devices for Quantum Technologies, University College London, UK The Quantum Spin Dynamics research group studies experimental quantum coherent phenomena of spins in molecular and solid state systems and in devices, with a focus on quantum information […]
- University Doctoral Studentships, City University London, UK City provides a number of fully-funded, full-time, three-year Doctoral Studentships to outstanding candidates as part of its ongoing investment in academic excellence. For entry in October […]
- University Doctoral Studentships at City University City University provides a number of fully-funded, full-time, three-year Doctoral Studentships to outstanding candidates as part of its ongoing investment in academic excellence. […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang 2011 PhD Studentships at Bloomsbury Colleges in UK, semoga bermanfaat.