Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang UN University Spring 2011 Building Resilience to Climate Change Courses, japan sebagai berikut:
UN University Spring 2011 Building Resilience to Climate Change Courses, japan
The United Nations University Institute for Sustainability and Peace (UNU-ISP), Tokyo, invites applications for the new intensive 4-week postgraduate programme on “Building Resilience to Climate Change” developed under the framework of the University Network for Climate and Ecosystems Change Adaptation Research (UN-CECAR). The new courses, conducted at UNU-ISP, cover a range of issues on sustainability and adaptation to climate and ecosystems change. Topics include:
- climate and atmospheric science
- impacts assessment
- climate and society
- ecosystems resilience
- risk and uncertainty
- integrated solutions for mitigation and adaptation
- community-based adaptation strategies
Students also will receive practical training in the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing software.
A limited number of fellowships (covering tuition fees and living expenses) are available for outstanding students from developing countries and who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance. All students are expected to pay for their own travel expenses to and from Tokyo.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION
The programme is open to Master`s and Ph.D students who are currently enrolled in a university postgraduate programme and who have already identified their thesis topic prior to arriving in Japan.
Applicants must provide:
- a completed Application & Fellowship Form with photo and signature
- proof of enrolment in a masters or Ph.D. degree programme
- original transcript of academic record
- a detailed proposal of their research topic, and explain how it will link their current university thesis topic to that of climate change
- TOEFL scores or equivalent proof of English-language proficiency for non-native speakers or those who do not have an academic degree in an English-speaking country
- minimum of two references; one from their supervisor and one from another faculty member
For detailed information on the application and admission procedures, and to download the application form, please visit the UNU-ISP website at: http://isp.unu.edu/cecar.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Spring 2011 Postgraduate Courses on “Building Resilience to Climate Change” 28 February – 25 March 2011
DEADLINE: 21 January 2011
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang UN University Spring 2011 Building Resilience to Climate Change Courses, japan, semoga bermanfaat.