Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Chemical Ecology at International Max Planck Research School sebagai berikut:
PhD fellowship in Chemical Ecology at International Max Planck Research School
Project 7: How do wood-feeding insects digest their diet? Supervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Axel Schmidt, Dr. Martin Kaltenpoth, MPI-CE
Wood-feeding insects are sometimes known to use microbial symbionts present in their guts to help in digestion and nutrient mobilization. However, nothing is known about how such insects cope with wood and resin. The large pine weevil, Hylobius abietis, is a serious pest on the bark of young conifer trees in northern Europe that must deal with both wood fiber and terpene-containing resin as major parts of its diet. This project will explore the metabolic fate of resin terpenes in these insects and the role of gut bacteria in processing terpenes and wood at the molecular, protein and metabolite levels. The project combines entomological, microbiological, chemical and molecular biology methods to better understand the lifestyle of one fascinating, long-lived species of insect. Collaboration between Research Group on Insect Symbiosis (Dr. Martin Kaltenpoth) and Department of Biochemistry (Dr. Axel Schmidt).
The project will be part of the International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques” in Jena, Germany. Students holding a Master`s degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology, ecology, entomology, microbiology, chemistry, biochemistry and neuroethology, with a proven record of success in one of the disciplines and interest in examining ecological interactions, are eligible to conduct a doctoral project within the IMPRS.
The Research School is a joint initiative of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, and the Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research. The main focus is on the interaction between plants and animals, and their environment, as well as the evolutionary and behavioral consequences of these interactions.
Application deadline is June 26, 2011
For detailed information about the IMPRS, PhD topics offered and application requirements, please Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD fellowship in Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host races, Chemical Ecology at IMPRS Project 6: Legume chemistry and the specificity of pea aphid host racesSupervisors: Prof. Jonathan Gershenzon, Dr. Grit KunertThe pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum (Harris), is actually a […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Cell Physiology at Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physioloy Postdoctoral position in Cell Physiology at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dortmund, GermanyA postdoctoral position is immediately available in the group of Professor […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical CyclesOverviewThe International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles (IMPRS-gBGC) in cooperation […]
- Ph.D. Fellowships in Elementary Particle Physics at Max Planck Institute of Physics (Werner Heisenberg Institute) The International Max Planck Research School "Elementary Particle Physics - Theoretical, Experimental and Cosmological Frontiers" (IMPRS EPP) is a joint initiative of the Max Planck […]
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical Ecology at IMPRS 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical EcologyThe International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) "The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques" […]
- PhD fellowship in Neuroethology at International Max Planck Research School Project 9: Analysis of olfactory receptors of Manduca moths using RNAi, Supervisor: Prof. Bill Hansson, MPI-CEGiant Manduca moths find their host plants to a large degree using odors. We […]
- PhD Scholarships at Gottingen Graduate School in Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences The Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) was founded in 2007 as a joint enterprise between the University of Göttingen, three Max Planck […]
- PhD Studentships in Early Language Acquisiton at University of Manchester Max Planck Child Study Centre - University of Manchester: job descriptionThe Max Planck Child Study Centre (MPCSS) invites applications for two fully-funded PhD studentships commencing in […]
- Doctoral Fellowships at Max Planck Research School The IMPRS-CI offers severalDoctoral Fellowshipsto outstanding students interested in the integration of the threedisciplines law, business administration and economics, and the studyof the […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering (IMPRS-MCBB) is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and […]
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD fellowship in Chemical Ecology at International Max Planck Research School, semoga bermanfaat.