Pendaftaran Online kali ini menyampaikan informasi tentang [Germany] PhD Position in Aerodynamics and Flow Technology at German Aerospace Center sebagai berikut:
[Germany] PhD Position in Aerodynamics and Flow Technology at German Aerospace Center
PhD student position (TVöD 13/2) : Aerodynamics and Flow Technology
The Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in Braunschweig, Germany, offers a PhD student position (TVöD 13/2) for research activities in the field of flow solver developments.
Description of activities:
An internationally recognized junior-scientists group in the C²A²S²E² department of the Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology works on the development of the flow solver PADGE for compressible flows based on discontinuous Galerkin (DG) methods. Currently, the focus is on efficient solver algorithms for discretisations of higher order, on error estimation with respect to aerodynamic force coefficients and on various refinement strategies. Turbulent flows are based on the Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes (RANS) equations and the Wilcox-k model.
The PhD candidate will work on the further development of turbulent flow simulations in the PADGE code. The tasks of the PhD candidate include:
– the development of new discretizations of turbulent boundary conditions for the RANS-kÏ‰ equations.
– the analysis of the solution behaviour close to turbulent boundary layers,
– the development of a DG discretization of the RANS-k-SST equations as well as
– the development of a DG discretization of a Reynolds stress model (RSM).
This includes the consideration of special aspects related to discretizations of higher order and local mesh refinement. The new methods shall be applied to realistic aerodynamic test cases.
Parts of these developments could also be worked on in the framework of a diploma or master thesis and could then be continued as PhD thesis.
1. Experience in finite element methods
2. Experience in C++ programming
3. Experience in numeric flow simulation
1. Degree (MSc, MEng or equivalent) in the field of mathematics, scientific computing or aerospace engineering
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarships, Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Denmark Applications are invited for 3-year PhD positions starting June 1 2011 or earlier, at the Department of Mathematics. The positions should be within the research areas of the […]
- International Students PhD Scholarships in Global Food Security, University of Hohenheim, Germany The Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of excellence in development collaboration at the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany. FSC is one of five excellence centers […]
- Excellence Scholarships for PhD in Global Food Security, University of Hohenheim, Germany Excellence scholarships for PhD students to participate in PhD Program “Global Food Security” at the Universität Hohenheim, GermanyThe Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of […]
- Excellence scholarships for PhD students in “Global Food Security“ at The Food Security Center (FSC) The Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of excellence in development collaboration at the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany. FSC is one of five excellence […]
- Phd/Postdoc Positions at Center for Massive Data Algorithmics (MADALGO), Aarhus University, Denmark Center for Massive Data Algorithmics (MADALGO) is a basic research center funded by the Danish National Research Foundation. The center is a collaboration between researchers at […]
- PhD Student in Enterprise Risk Management at VTT Technical Research Center VTT is a globally networked multitechnological contract research organization. VTT provides high-end technology solutions and innovation services to a broad range of industries […]
- PhD Stipend Scholarship in Algebraic Coding Theory At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Mathematical Sciences a PhD stipend is available within the general study programme Mathematics and Physics. The stipend is […]
- PhD studentship in Biostatistics at University of Hasselt Hasselt University announces, within I-Biostat (the Interuniversity Institute for Biostatistics and statistical Bioinformatics), a position for a (m/f):PhD student Biostatistics (2x2 […]
- Postdoctoral Position, Research Center of Applied Sciences (RCAS), Academia Sinica, Taiwan Two openings at the level of postdoctoral research fellows in computational sciences are available at the Research Center of Applied Sciences (RCAS), Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, […]
- PhD Position-Optimization of Numerical Simulation Software for Graphical Processing Units Optimization of numerical simulation software for Graphical Processing Units A position is available to start a PhD on numerical simulations running on Graphical Processing Units […]
Demikianlah informasi tentang [Germany] PhD Position in Aerodynamics and Flow Technology at German Aerospace Center, semoga bermanfaat.